background

Monday, September 30, 2013

Beach Day

We discovered this beach on a weekend in August. Well, not really discovered. Someone else discovered it and we followed their directions, which were just about right. Something about turning right at the Coke machine next to the tombs, then turning at the 2nd right down what appears to be jungle, except we missed that turn and ended up in literal jungle/field. Ha. In America, I would not be so brave as to just keep driving down 1 way dirt tracks that are surrounded by overgrown weeds and trees that have extremely large spiders dangling from them. But the truth is I don't think I'd be brave enough to go here alone without hubby. First, because I'd be alone and that would be dumb. And 2nd, because I can't pull off the 25 point turn he made in the van without falling over the edge of the cliff that was at the end of the road. 
It was a beautiful beach, and I'm glad we got to enjoy it. The water was calm and warm and sparkling turquoise, and it was an amazing 360 degree view - no city around at all, and only a couple other people who'd manage to find their way through the jungle too. 
Here are your current (kind of) pics of the kids until I get more up in about half a year. :) 










1 comment:

  1. Beautiful kiddos. My brother was stationed in Okinawa back in the 1960's He has many fond memories

    ReplyDelete