background

Monday, September 30, 2013

Ito's 1st Birthday

Yes, I know. He turned 1 in June, but I had to get these pics off my computer and out into the world! Not that he cared, but I spent all night making these sushi cupcakes for his little un-party at the pool. Guess who suggested that I make these? Daddy. Because he didn't have to make them. :) It was my first and last try at fondant. I even tried the marshmallow kind, and it wasn't that spectacular, so we just shoved them down the kids' throats so the grown-ups wouldn't have to eat them, ha. No, they weren't all bad. The avocado is egg-free cookie dough I dyed green, and there are some cut up Twizzlers and Swedish Fish. I got the green grass and plates at the 100Y store. The green grass said it actually has anti-bacterial stuff on it to keep the germs separate in different kinds of fish. 




 He sure has quite a few friends for only being 1, though. :) It was a nice, relaxing little get-together, a great way to start off our birthday week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment