This is the first real beach we've been to since we got here. Our sponsors brought us here on one of our first days on island, so I was able to find my way back with the girls. These were all the pics I could wrangle with D. on my front and bags slung over my shoulders. This is on our side of the island, the East China Sea side, which has more of the coral. The sand felt soft to walk on, but right at the shoreline it's all crushed coral. Their jetties make for waveless swimming beaches, which I think will be awesome in the summer for the kids. A. and I felt the water, and it was already tolerable, already warmer than the CA water ever was. Can't wait to go swimming! I made this picture big so you can see where we live. See the closest group of rocks? There is a faint tower sticking up right behind the rocks, and we live right by the tower. It looks far, but it's only a few miles. I think this is the area of coastline that we see from our bedroom window, actually.
I'm not sure when this pirate ship washed ashore, but the kids love it! We will frequent "Pirate Ship Park" until it gets too crowded and hot, since it's not too far from us.



No comments:
Post a Comment