Grandma and Grandpa came over to visit in mid-February. We got 2 1/2 great weeks with them, the last few days spent in Tokyo on an adventure. J. saw them last when he was 7 weeks old, so wasn't quite sure what to make of them. After the initial screaming fit all the way home from the airport, he warmed up a little, which was nice of him. We had a great time visiting all the sites on the island, and even saw some new ones I hadn't explored yet! I think they're our last visitors for awhile, which means we can start saving up adventures for when our next guests come.
A rare family picture. It is of course impossible for everyone to smile and look at the same time. We're standing at Cape Hedo, the northern tip of the island where the Pacific Ocean meets the East China Sea. Beautiful turquoise waters, although it was overcast this day.
| A's baby hair. I still haven't cut it, and don't plan on it until it starts looking really bad. For now, it stays, because I love it. |
One of the base units was putting on an all-island track meet which I found out about 2 weeks prior to the race. I made Daddy run in it to relive old times. I think he had fun training and stretching over those short few days he had to prepare. He was a record-holding hurdler in high school and college and still knows how to get 'er done. It was such a throw-back to our college days of going to each other's sporting events to watch each other compete. We really never pictured the kids along the sidelines cheering on their Dad. It was so fun for that fact alone, and Daddy did awesome. Didn't knock down a single hurdle. :0
Easter time! We had a great church celebration again this year. It poured down rain early Easter morning, but had let up by our 10:00 church time. I just love the worldwide connection I feel on such big days in the church year. It's so great knowing that our church family all over the world is celebrating Jesus' resurrection in the same way we are.
Almost forgot. I don't have a picture, but A. learned how to ride a 2-wheeler the day before Easter! We'd taken off her pedals at the suggestion of friends. They said the balancing is the part that kids have to learn, and it was true. We'd had them off for months, but hadn't practiced much until the last few weeks. Daddy thought she was ready to ride with the pedals again, and all it took was one little push and she was off. She didn't fall once her first try. She still hasn't fallen actually, which I think is remarkable. She learned right away how to push off and start herself too. She's growing into such a big kid.
The other big news is this toothless grin. She lost her first tooth on April 4th! It had been loose for almost a month, and it was finally time to pull it. She agreed to let Daddy do the honors, and she was rewarded with 300 Yen from the tooth fairy. It's the Japanese tooth fairy, and she calls it a "he". No going back now. This kid is not at all a baby. She is our first "big kid" and it's so weird and exciting to see such big changes all at once.
Until next time,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment